Skip to main content

In One Basket

A Good Evening To You All!

Today I have a quick and simple manicure to show you, inspired by nature :) Every year, my Mum and I spend a couple of weeks watching over a Blue-tit nest via a nest camera. This year I was inspired by the beautiful, random patterns that can be seen on the eggs!


I started off by painting my nails in various soft, muted colours. I used Butter London 'Dubs' (muted, soft pink/nude glitter texture) on my thumb and ring fingers. A beautiful nail polish and perfect for accent nails!

On the rest of my nails I used the following; Essie 'Coat Couture' (matte dusky purple with turquoise/magenta shimmer), Essie 'Find Me An Oasis' (pastel blue) and OPI 'My Vampire Is Buff' (creamy eggshell nude).


As this design is pretty much abstract, it's very easy to do but looks great! I used Barry M 'Cocoa' (chocolate brown) and Barry M 'Chai' (medium grey) for my egg patterns. I applied the nail polish by dabbing with a small brush dipped in pure acetone to dilute the polish on the nail. I gradually added less acetone to build up the colour and create depth.

It sounds complicated but it's actually pretty easy once you get going. The bonus is that the messier it is, the better the overall look!


Once that layer was dry, I added  on the 'strings' of Barry M 'Cocoa' with a thin brush. I let the nail polish sit for a while so that it thickened a bit which made it easier to achieve the 'strings'. I also added a few dabs of Champneys 'Chestnut' (bronze/copper) here and there for a bit of interest. I really liked the simplicity of it so I decided to stop before I went to far!


Finally, I added a layer of OPI 'Matte Topcoat' so that the finish looked more like eggshell. And that's it!


I really love this manicure, it's so soft and delicate :) I'm also really pleased with my index nail; it almost looks like marble or stone which I've been wanting to try for ages! Going to totally try it again in a different colour palette!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .