Skip to main content

Counting Stars

A Good Afternoon Everyone!!

Yesterday, I decided to sit down and do some much needed nail art! It's been way too long!

I wanted to try something new and fun but wasn't in the mood to do anything too complicated (ha!). I also just bought a bunch of mini craft punches so I decided to have a go at creating nail polish shapes with those! I've seen quite a few nail art bloggers using this technique lately but haven't actually tried it out myself yet :)


I started by painting all my nails with Essie 'Apres-chic', a lovely bright silver metallic. I'm usually on the fence when it comes to silver nail polish but I really like this one. It has a muted soft finish and light feel to it which I adore :)


While I waited for that to dry, I started on the stars. I painted small but thick patches of nail polish onto a small plastic bag using Revlon 'Lana'i Lagoon' (bright blue glitter texture) and Butter London 'Airy Fairy' (aqua-blue-purple shimmer). In the photos, these two polishes look the same but in person they're actually quite different! My camera just can't handle such gorgeousness..


Once I had built up enough layers of each, I added a thick layer of topcoat using Essie 'Good To Go'. Then, when that was completely dry, I carefully peeled off each patch and used my mini craft punch to make star shapes.


I used a thin layer of topcoat on each nail and tweezers to apply the stars. I also cut some of them up to better fit on my tiny nails! I finished them off with another layer of Essie 'Good To Go'.


I'm really pleased with how these turned out as I had no idea if it would even work! It was pretty fiddly though as the nail polish stars are really delicate but tweezers and nail scissors helped with that :) Not to mention patience!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

A New Found Friend