Skip to main content

Sweater Season

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Today, I have my first Autumn inspired manicure to show you! I decided to go full out with Autumnal colours and patterns for some bold but warming nail art :) Take a look;


Some of my favourite cold-weather clothing items are my soft, plaid flannel shirts. So of course I just had to do some plaid nail art! In order to break up the pattern a bit, I added in a couple of striped accent nails but using the same overall colour palette for unity.

I began by painting most of my nails with Butter London 'Brick Lane' which is the perfect Autumn nail polish. It's a burnt orange creme with subtly gold shimmer. On my accent nails (middle and pinkie), I used Barry M 'Lychee', a light, creamy nude.



Then I painted on the base stripes/lines using a striping brush and the following nail polishes; Barry M 'Mango' (bright orange creme), Butter London 'East End' (matte mustard yellow) and Barry M 'Chai' (dove grey creme with slight blue undertones).


Once that layer was dry, I added in thinner, accent stripes and lines using OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know?' (chocolate brown with slight gold shimmer), Barry M 'Passion Fruit' (bright, slightly pink-toned, red) and OPI 'Let Your Love Shine' ( dark cranberry red base with gold and dark pink shimmer). I then went back and neatened up the lines using a small detail brush.


I also added a gold diamond stud to my thumb and a gold rectangular stud to my ring finger. Finally, I added two coats of Essie 'Good To Go'.


At about halfway through this manicure, I completely hated it but then once I'd placed the studs on, they kind of won me over. I think it's the unusual colour palette (for me) that's throwing me off!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber