Skip to main content

Forever Green

Afternoon People!

It may be officially Summer here but buckets of water are still falling from the skies :( Typical Britain. I think we may have already had our one and only heatwave back in March....

Anyway, today I've got my first 'Green' manicure to show you guys. This one is a kind of an abstract interpretation of countryside fields and hedges. I kept it nice and loose so it was really fun to paint :)


I started off by painting all my nails with China Glaze 'Highlight Of My Summer' which is a neon pastel apple green. WOW this is bright! Would look awesome as a pedicure with tanned skin on holiday :)


Once this was fully dry, I created a rough, painterly gradient using the following nail polishes (cuticle to tips); China Glaze 'Highlight Of My Summer', Zoya 'Midori' (apple green with strong gold shimmer), Barry M 'Spring Green' (grass green) and Rimmel 'Camouflage' (conifer green with pale gold shimmer). To loosen up the nail polishes, I added a couple of drops of Orly Nail Polish Thinner to each one.


I then added stripes of Color Club 'Go-Go Green' (white, cyan and neon yellow hex glitter topper) here and there on each nail using the nail polish brush. I also drew on wavy, blobby stripes (representing hedges!) using a shimmery olive green NPW Nail Art Pen.


I added a few more details using a sheer, bright green Sparklynails Nail Art Striper and an old unnamed green glitter striper. For the finishing touch, I added a three matte neon green round studs to my thumb and middle fingers. I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I really like how these came out; it was fun to just play around with my nail polishes for once! With this kind of style, you don't have to worry about the outcome as there is no wrong way to do it :) It's just about adding stuff until you're happy with it!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)


Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind