Skip to main content

Peony Love

Hey There!

One thing that you may have noticed about my nail art is that I love a floral manicure! They're a bit of a challenge but not too difficult and enjoyable to wear. So today's nail art is inspired by one of my favourite flowers; the Peony :)


As this was going to be another rather pink manicure, I decided to use differently textured nail polishes to break it up a bit!

So I started by painting all my nails in Barry M 'Socialite', a really gorgeous bright, hot pink glitter filled jelly, with small holo hex glitter and blue/purple shimmer. In these photos, you can see how strongly my camera is picking up that beautiful shimmer! In person, the overall colour is much more pink.


Using a small detail brush and Rimmel 'Strawberry Fizz' (sweet pink), I blocked in the flower shapes on each nail. I find it easier to paint at this stage if I thin the nail polish slightly with Orly Nail Polish Thinner :) I then used China Glaze 'Exotic Encounters' (dusky dark green) to paint in the leaves.


Once that was dry, I painted in the shadows using Barry M 'Pomegranate' (dark pink) on the flowers and Barry M 'Watermelon' (very dark green) on the leaves. Then I added detail using a mix of the following nail polishes; Rimmel 'Strawberry Fizz', Barry M 'Speed Demon' (light pink with silver shimmer) and Barry M 'Rose Hip' (pastel pink).


When I was happy with how it looked, I painted in the middles of the open flowers with Butter London 'East End' (mustard yellow) and Barry M 'On Your Marks' (light lemon yellow). Finally, I added a coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.


In general, I'm pretty happy with how these turned out, they're lovely and sparkly! I'm just not convinced that it's possible to tell that they're peonies... I'm planning on doing more specific floral manicures in the future so hopefully I'll get better :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights