Skip to main content

Jewelled Senses

Evening People!!

Although today's manicure is inspired by Autumn, I chose rich and saturated colours in order to fit in with the current Christmas holiday vibes! I also used shimmery and sparkly nail polishes so this manicure is perfect for all those festive parties :)


To start, I used Revlon 'Spidey Sense' which is a shimmery/metallic red with added gold shimmer. Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! It's pretty in the bottle but on the nail... Just wow! I love it.


Over the red, I painted on sparse swipes of nail polish to get a slightly degraded, visually textural effect. For this I used Essie 'The Lace Is On' (shimmery/metallic magenta) and Essie 'Leading Lady' (small pink hex glitter in a dark pink base).


I then painted on leafy branches and singlular leaves using a striping brush and the following nail polishes; Barry M 'Copper' (copper/bronze shimmer), Essie 'Sable Collar' (dusky taupe) and OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know?' (medium brown with slight golden shimmer).


I finished off the whole manicure with Essie 'Good To Go'. Looking at these photos, I kinda wish that I'd done a matte topcoat instead. I think the shimmer would have looked gorgeous that way :) Oh well!


This was a relatively easy manicure to do and turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! I like that is fits in with the time of year but isn't obviously Christmassy. Don't worry though, I've got some Christmas themed manicures planned :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind