Skip to main content

All A Blur

Good Evening!!

Today's post has been a bit more delayed than I would have liked as we've been having trouble with our internet. Hopefully it's been fixed completely now, fingers crossed!

I decided to take a more abstract approach to my Autumn inspired nail art and ended up creating something that resembled some type of luxury tweed! Not quite what I planned but ended up loving it anyway :)


I started this by painting all my nails in Butter London ‘All Hail The Queen’, a beautiful shimmery pale taupe with delicate scattered holo. I absolutely love this nail polish, its understated but elegant and has a fabulous formula!


I wanted this manicure to be all about those lovely Autumnal colours so I decided to use the dry brush technique. This involves wiping off most of the nail polish and then dragging the brush across the nail, creating a textured effect.


I started with Butter London ‘East End’ (mustard yellow), Essie ‘Peach Side Babe’ (bright peach) and Champneys ‘Chestnut’ (metallic bronze). Once I was happy with the overall look, I added a bit of Missguided ‘Missmatch’ (bright orange) here and there.


Then I created a syrup gradient starting at the tips with Barry M ‘Birthday’ (white, pink and purple small hex glitter in a dark pink, translucent base with purple shimmer). I added a few more dry brush strokes in the above colours before topcoating with Essie ‘Good To Go’.


I really enjoyed painting these as it didn't really matter if I made a mistake so it was rather relaxing! I also wore them for ages :)

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

A New Found Friend