Skip to main content

Colours In Contrast

Good Evening!!

This week, I've used some really bright nail polishes, absolutely perfect for Summer! It did feel a bit weird as I've been using mainly soft and muted colours in my past manicures. Nice to change things up though :)

Today's manicure was inspired by two abstract prints by Ashley Goldberg. I liked her use of contrasting colours (orange and blue) in these patterns as they really bring out the brightness and intensity of the shapes.


I tried to keep my colours as close as possible to the originals but I was missing a couple of shades so I just made do with the nail polishes that I have. Good excuse to buy a couple of new polishes!


I started this manicure by painting most of my nails (thumb, middle and ring) in Barry M 'Damson'. This is just the most beautiful blue, intense and dusty all at the same time!

Unfortunately, my camera picked up the underlying bright tones in the nail polish so these photos are not colour accurate :( Barry M 'Damson' is a darker, more purple leaning, jewel toned blue (more like the blue in the Goldberg prints above).


On my accent nails, I used Barry M 'Mango', a bright and strong orange. I then mixed a bit of Butter London 'East End' (mustard yellow) with Essie 'Blanc' (white) and painted a rough oval shape on each nail. Once that was dry, I dabbed on Barry M 'Damson' in the middle of each oval.


On my other nails I used a medium detail brush to paint on various dashes. I used my 'East End' and 'Blanc' mixture again to get the pale mustard yellow. I also used Barry M 'Mango' (orange) and Barry M 'Dragon Fruit' (light pink).


I then painted over some of the dashes again to get stronger, more opaque colours. One of my favourite aspects of the original was the difference in transparencies so I wanted that to be a part of my interpretation. I'm not sure you can really see it in the photos but in person it's more obvious!


I topped it all off with Essie 'Good To Go', for a nice shiny finish.

It's such a shame that my camera couldn't pick up the true beauty of Barry M 'Damson' as it's such a stunner with a great formula. If you love blues, then you have to get this :)

This was a really fun manicure to wear as it's so bright and cheerful. Easy and quick to do too, making it a complete winner in my book!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber