Skip to main content

The Elements

Hey There!!

I'm in two minds about the manicure I'm about to show you; I can't decide whether I like it or not! I wanted to do some geometric nail art featuring various sized triangles, representing a few of the elements (water, earth and air). A tad bit overambitious for such a tiny canvas maybe....


I started this manicure by painting all my nails in Zoya 'Dillon'. Ahh, this is such a beautiful colour! Every time I use a Zoya nail polish, it reminds me how much I love them. A super formula and stunning but unusual colours. They really are special and worth every penny!


Then, using my thinnest striping brush. I started to block in the triangles using Barry M 'Cappucino' (dusky brown) for 'earth', OPI 'No Room For The Blues' (sky blue) for 'water' and OPI 'I Have A Herring Problem' (blue-grey with silver shimmer) for 'air'.


On my 'earth' triangles, I painted rough lines and dashes in the following nail polishes; OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know' (chocolate brown with micro shimmer), Rimmel 'Posh Trash' (pearlescent pink-brown) and Barry M 'Almond' (creamy pink-nude).

On the 'water' triangles, I painted thin waves using Zoya 'Zuza' (teal glass fleck), Revlon Parfumerie 'Surf Spray' (blue jelly filled with bright blue shimmer) and Barry M 'Guava' (strong bright turquoise).

For the 'air' triangles, I painted a rough gradient (blurring the nail polish with thinner and a flat brush) using Barry M 'Pearl' (matte pearlescent white), Orly 'Boho Bonnet' (dusky light blue) and OPI 'I Have A Herring Problem'.


I then added a few accent triangles here and there using a striping brush and Barry M 'Pearl', Barry M 'Almond' and Rimmel 'Peppermint' (light turquoise). Finally, I finished with a thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.


This isn't the best of photos but it does show the blue shimmer in Revlon 'Surf Spray' really well!! You can see it on the middle finger nail in the blue triangle.

I think the reason that I'm not sure about this is the colours. Most of them are very similar in tone and so the triangles don't really stand out from the background. I think a slightly darker nail polish would have worked better for the base. However, I do rather like how my thumb and middle nails came out so it's not a complete loss!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind