Skip to main content

Bleak Contrast

Hello!!

Today, I've got a rather simple but striking manicure with a black, grey and white colour palette. I needed something relatively easy but visually appealing; stripes are always a good choice!! They're pretty simple to do but look great :)


I started with a base of Revlon 'Iconic' on all my nails. It's a very dark green leaning grey nail polish. Over this I painted on a coat of L'Oreal 'Confettis' which is made up of small black and white hex glitters.


Using my thinnest striping brush, I painted on vertical stripes in China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin' Around' (shimmery white), China Glaze 'Pelican Grey' (pale grey) and OPI 'I Don't Give A Rotterdam!' (soft grey with golden shimmer).


Then I added in some more accent stripes in Essie 'Blanc' (white creme) and China Glaze 'Stone Cold' (matte black with silver glitter), making sure to leave some of the background showing through. I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


Even though the colours in this manicure aren't what I would usually go for (I don't even own a plain black nail polish!!), I really quite like this! The white glitter poking through the stripes looks like snow falling :)


Thank you for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind