Skip to main content

Mistletoe Forest

Evening To You All!!

Tonight's manicure is actually inspired by a Christmas card but it was generic enough to fit in well at this time of year too! I really liked the simplicity of the limited colour palette and the elegant tendrils of Winter foliage. :)


I first painted all my nails with Barry M 'Forest' which is a beautiful teal green from their Silk collection. Once again, my camera had a bit of trouble with this colour as it is very changeable. In white light it leans blue but in yellow light it appears more green!


Using my thinnest striping brush and Essie 'Blanc', I painted in the stems and larger leaves on each nail before adding in the smaller leaves with a tiny detail brush. On my index and middle nails, I painted some mistletoe but on my other nails I stuck to a more general leaf shape.


Over the white pattern, I added Barry M 'Lady' which is a pearly, glittery white textured polish. It adds a pretty frosted look to the whole manicure, adding to the wintry feel that I was going for!


Although both of these polishes dry to a lovely matte finish, I wanted to bring out the stunning shimmer in Barry M 'Forest' so I added a coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.


I'm pretty pleased with how this manicure came out! I especially like that it's a bit simpler than my usual manicures and it was very therapeutic to paint :)

Thank you for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

  1. these are so amazing!! i wish i was talented enough to do something like this! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/gluten-free-blondie-cake-bites.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you!! They were definitely fun to paint!! Xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber