Skip to main content

Crush On Plaid

Evening People!!

Firstly, sorry about the week long gap; time just got away from me. I always give myself so much to do at this time of year!

Anyway, today I've got a Christmas plaid manicure with a touch of glitter;


On my accent nails, I used two coats of Rimmel 'Ruby Crush' for some Christmas sparkle. On my thumb and ring nails, I used Essie 'Style Hunter' and China Glaze 'Exotic Encounters' on my middle nail.


To begin my plaid pattern, I used the nail polish brush itself to paint on the first thicker stripes. For this, I used the following nail polishes; thumb:- China Glaze 'Watermelon Rind' (shimmery dark green), middle:- Barry M 'Spring Green' (grass green) and on the ring nail:- Zoya 'Blaze' (shimmery cranberry).


Next, I used my thinnest striping brush to paint on the thinner stripes. I first painted on the ones that sit in the centre of the thicker ones using the following nail polishes; thumb:- Barry M 'Spring Green', middle:- Champneys 'Ruby' (metallic red) and on my ring:- China Glaze 'Exotic Encounters'.


Using the same striping brush, I painted on the thin stripes in between the larger ones. For this I used the following nail polishes; thumb:- China Glaze 'Red-y & Willing' (metallic deep red) and Butter London 'All Hail The Queen' (shimmery nude), middle:- Zoya 'Blaze' and Butter London 'All Hail The Queen', ring:- China Glaze 'Red-y & Willing'. I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I really love these, considering I had to re-do two nails!! But I'm glad I did as I just adore the outcome! They definitely feel Christmassy :)

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

A New Found Friend