Skip to main content

Rose Cascade

Hey There!

Today, I have a manicure that I'm pretty proud of! I love painting floral nail art but I've never created roses on my nails before. I kinda made a big deal about them in my head and became a bit intimidated by them (weird, I know!). It was getting very silly so I pulled myself together (ha!) and  decided to just go ahead and do a rose inspired manicure.....


To get started I used this lovely painting on Pinterest for my inspiration but changed the colour scheme to better suit what I had in mind. I really like the loose and almost abstract form of the roses; just beautiful.

I used Champneys 'Mulberry', a very dark purple (almost black), on my non-accent nails and W7 'Silver Suede' on my pointer and pinkie nails.


To paint in my roses I used a small detail brush and the following nail polishes; China Glaze 'Fancy Pants' (blue-purple). Champneys 'Ruby' (metallic red), China Glaze 'Gothic Lolita' (purple), Essie 'The Girls Are Out' (radiant orchid) and Essie 'The Lace Is On' (shimmery purple-fuchsia).


I then added in the 'petal' detail by mixing each of the above polishes with Essie 'Blanc' and using my detail brush to swirl it around on the appropriate rose. I just kept adding each nail polish and it's lightened version until I was happy. Does that make sense?!!

Once these nails were dry, I topcoated them with Essie 'Good To Go'.


On my accent nails I decided to add some embellishment! I used purple and hot pink medium and small rhinestones near the cuticles in a triangular pattern. I used Essie 'Good To Go' to adhere them but made sure to wipe off any excess as I wanted to keep the matte finish of W7 'Silver Suede'.


I'm so pleased with how these came out and now I want this moody rose pattern on some clothing!! Wouldn't it look gorgeous as a blazer?!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind