Skip to main content

Molten Gold

Hello Everyone!!

Today, I've got another interpretation of Erin Cooper's abstract artwork!! This time I chose the gorgeous purple and gold 'Rosselini', isn't it mesmerizing?!! I had to alter the colour scheme a touch as I didn't have all of the colours in nail polish (obviously need more....ha ha!).


I started this manicure by painting my nails in Revlon Parfumerie 'Beachy' (non-accent nails) which is a beautiful gold nail polish. I usually steer clear of scented nail polish as they tend to be sweet and sickly. The Parfumerie range is just amazing though; 'Beachy' smells of tropical flowers and a faint hint of salty sea air!


On my accent nails, I used a few coats of Rimmel 'Purple Pulse', followed by two coats of Max Factor 'Fantasy Fire'. This is truly a magical nail polish containing shimmer which flashes from bronze, gold, yellow-green through to an amazingly intense jade green at certain angles.


Over 'Beachy', I used a small detail brush and Champneys 'Mulberry' to paint in the darkest lines and dashes. I then added in the other main colours using the following nail polishes; Rimmel 'Purple Pulse' (purple), Essie 'Splash Of Grenadine' (light radiant orchid), Champneys 'Chestnut' (copper) and Barry M 'Berry Ice Cream' (lilac).


Then I added some small details with Zoya 'Addison' (pink nude), Orly 'Coachella Dweller' (pale apple green) and a mix of Revlon 'Blue Lagoon', Barry M 'Berry Ice Cream' and Essie 'Blanc' (blue toned lilac). I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


I ended up covering up the gold base a lot more than I originally meant to but I like the nail art anyway!! I love doing these abstract paintings as they're so easy but visually effective too!

Thank you for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber