Skip to main content

Punica Granatum

Evening Everyone!

This Autumn, I've noticed the increased popularity of everything pomegranate related and I must say, I'm loving it!! They just have such a cool vibe about them: the rich colours, jewel like seeds and of course a built in crown! What's not to like?!


For my pomegranate themed manicure, I started with Rimmel 'Euphoria' (non-accent nails) and Barry M 'Pomegranate' on my two accent nails. I then added Hay Girl 'Hot Cocoa & Marshmallows' on the accents. Isn't this glitter just so appropriate right now??


I painted the basic fruit shapes using a small detail brush and Barry M 'Lychee'. I then added in the main colours with Barry M 'Pomegranate' (dark pink) and Zoya 'Blaze' (berry pink with holo glitter).


Using the same detail brush, I started to add in shape and definition using the following nail polishes; Revlon 'Spidey Sense' (shimmery red orange duochrome), Barry M 'Passion Fruit' (orangey red), Essie 'Style Hunter' (red) and China Glaze 'Red-y & Willing' (dark burgundy).


I added in the final details (tips of 'crown') with my thinnest striping brush and OPI 'Wooden Shoe Like To Know?' (brown) and 17 'Fury' (antique gold). I also added the 'pith' on my middle finger using Barry M 'Lychee' and Essie 'Blanc'. Finally, I added Essie 'Good To Go' on all my nails.


I'm so pleased with how these came out! I think it helped using red and pink nail polishes as they tend to be quite sheer so they all blended really well! Yay!!

Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .