Skip to main content

Into The Sea

Good Evening!!

Well I finally figured out why my nail art photos had come out looking so terrible lately....basically me being an idiot!! Ha! While on holiday, I'd been messing around with some of the settings and had completely forgotten to change them back. Doh!


I just adored the mauve pinks and turquoise blues from my previous Inspiration post so much that I decided a glitter gradient would show them off at their best. :)

I started off with a few perfect coats of Zoya 'Addison' which is a stunning mauve pink/brown. I love it! The Zoya nail polish formula is always amazing and never fails me :)


On my pinkie and pointer nails, I used a dabbed coat of Hay Girl 'Soulless' (from the TaterRoundsBeauty shop on Etsy), an iridescent glitter topper. On the rest of my nails, I used a thin coat of a fine rose pink Xplode glitter nail polish over 'Addison'.


Once the layers were completely dry, I got to work on my gradient! I used Orly 'Go Deeper' for this as it is just the most perfect mermaid glitter nail polish!! I allowed the larger glitters to sink to the bottom so that I could create a syrup gradient first, before dabbing on the glitter. This prevented things from getting too thick :)


I felt that the whole manicure needed a focal point for the eye but didn't want to cover it up with nail art. I decided to add a couple of tiny light pink star rhinestones (part of a Bundle Monster from Amazon) at the base of my pointer and pinkie nails. Finished it all off with a thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go'.


I'm so very happy with this manicure, it's so sparkly and pretty!! I would never have thought of pairing these colours together but they look fantasticals!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind