Skip to main content

Colour Me Happy

Hello To You All!!

I've been spending the last couple of weeks staying with a few very special people! I hadn't planned on not posting here but it just kinda ended up that way! Ooops, sorry!! It was so lovely to just completely relax, eat loads of good food and spend time with two of my favorite people :)


Anyway, onto the nail art!! While packing for my holiday to the south of France (eeeeek!!), I was inspired by the layering of bright, tropical clothng :)

First, I painted all my nails with, Zoya 'Tracie' a beautiful light apple green with a gorgeous silver shimmer. Gah, I just adore Zoya nail polishes!!


Then, using the nail polish brush, I painted on thick stripes and diagonals in a variety of colours. for this, I used the following nail polishes; Revlon Parfumerie 'African Tea Rose' (fuchsia pink), Zoya 'Zuza' (shimmery turquoise), Revlon 'Zealous' (lemon yellow), Barry M 'Grapefruit' (coral) and OPI 'Dining Al Frisco' (metallic blue).


I carried on layering and colour blocking with these same nail polishes until I was happy with the design. I tried to get a good and even mix of colours so that the whole thing was balanced!


Using my thinnest striping brush, I painted on a few thin lines and chevrons in Zoya 'Zuza' and OPI 'Dining Al Frisco'. I also added some stripes in a few other colours here and there where needed! I finished it all off with Essie 'Good To Go'.


This striking nail art was pretty simple to do but very time consuming as I had to wait between each layer :( I love the colour combination though- perfect for my holiday!!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .

Mooning Around In Lace