Skip to main content

Citrus Slice

Hello, Hello!!

I absolutely LOVE stripes. In anything and everything I can get my hands on. It's gotten so bad that I've had to put myself on a 'No More Stripes' shopping ban (clothing that is) before my entire wardrobe overflows with the stuff! However, I'm not against covering my nails in stripes (mwah ha ha ha)......


As I usually do vertical stripes, I decided this time to go horizontal! I know, I live on the edge of life! I started with painting all my nails in Barry M 'Pearl' which is part of the Silk collection. Barry M have absolutely nailed it with these-no streaks in sight!!!


I also wanted to incorporate the OPI Sheer Tints into this nail art somehow (yup still persevering with them!!). I used OPI 'I'm Never Amberrassed' (this came out much brighter and more saturated in the photos than in person) and OPI 'Be Magentle With Me' to paint broad stripes here and there across my nails. I found that using very thin coats and being quick with application decreased those pesky bubbles :)


Next, using a medium striping brush, I painted more horizontal stripes using my sheerest polishes. The nail polishes that I used were; Orly 'Elation Generation' (sheer coral with holo glitter), W7 'Orange Dazzle' (glittery orange jelly), Barry M 'Yellow' (egg yolk yellow) and 17 'Pink Grapefruit' (sheer pink coral).


The whole manicure seemed to be missing something at this point so I decided to add some definition. I used my thinnest striping brush and Orly 'Glowstick' (neon yellow) to add some thin lines here and there. I also added thin stripes of a raspberry pink unnamed Colour Works nail polish on each nail. Finally, I added a thick coat of Essie 'Good To Go' to smooth things out.


Considering that I usually steer away from oranges and yellows, I surprisingly love this look!! It's just so fun and bright :) I also enjoyed using the Sheer Tints this way and I'm planning on dong a cooler toned version......maybe later in the year??!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights