Skip to main content

Scuppered Chances

Hello There!!

Today I have one of my most recent additions to my beloved Butter London collection to show you!! Butter London 'Scuppered' is a very special kind of nail polish; at first glance it is simply an old gold/bronze glass fleck. However, on closer inspection there are small green hex glitters and a absolutely beautiful pink shimmer. Magical stuff.


As I loved 'Scuppered' so much, I didn't want to cover it up too much with nail art. So I went with geometric lines and chevrons in tropical colours to add a Summery feel to the manicure!


I started with an accent nail in 17 (now Seventeen) 'Grapefruit' and painted the rest of my nails in Butter London 'Scuppered'. On my accent nail, I painted chevrons in 'Scuppered' using my small striping brush. Love these two colours together!


Still using my small striping brush, I painted lines, chevrons and swirls on the rest of my nails. The nail polishes I used for this were: Barry M 'Guava' (bright blue) and Zoya 'Tracie' (pistachio green).  I finished the whole manicure off with two coats of Essie 'No Chips Ahead'.


Halfway through painting this, it looked like an almighty mess! Mainly due to too many mistakes on my part and the fact that nail polish does not get on with warm weather. But I just kept going with it and I'm so glad I did as it turned out ok in the end!!


Thanks for reading!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber