Skip to main content

In The Buff

Hey There!!

First off, let me explain that tonight's nail art was an experiment so the outcome could definitely benefit from some improvement!!

Lately, I haven't been able to paint my nails and I was suffering some serious withdrawal......so I had to do something. I meant to do a simple glitter sandwich but ended up messing around with it. Ahem.


I started with a couple of coats of Champneys 'Nude' which is part of a set that I got for Christmas. When I originally swatched this nail polish, I was just 'meh' about it but on my actual nails it's rather pretty!

 
Then (without any plan whatsoever) I dabbed on Barry M Limited Edition 'Silver Glitter' in a sort of ruffian on each nail. I also added Barry M 'Diamond Glitter' in dabs over the smaller silver glitter.
 

I painted on another coat of Champneys 'Nude' to get that 'glitter sandwich' effect. It was missing some dimension though so I added some Barry M 'Lavender Glitter' which contains purple square glitters (!!!!).


At this point I should have left well alone but well...I didn't. Obviously. I added another layer of 'Nude' and then topcoated it with Champneys 'Base & Top Coat'. By this point it was morphing into a lumpy mess :(


To be honest, I still don't know how I feel about this manicure. At some angles (admittedly while squinting) it looks quite nice but at others (i.e. most) it just looks too thick and faintly gross. So there's that.

The moral of the story?! Experimenting is FUN but ends up resembling lumpy (and possibly mouldy) yoghurt.

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

A New Found Friend