Skip to main content

Explode Into Colour

Hey All!!

The idea behind today's nail art is based on two things; 1) an awesome L'Oreal glitterbomb, and, 2) a very cool advert by Sony!! I mean it's thousands of petals exploding out of a VOLCANO- how amazing?? So to combine these beauteous things, I opted for glitter accent nails (because, duh!) and exploding dots of colour :)

 
I decided to use OPI 'Skull & Glossbones' as my base colour as I think the grey-beige hue goes with the mostly silver glitter in the glitterbomb. Skull & Glossbones is a great and unique base for nail art :)
 

On my pointer and pinkie nails I added just one (!!!) coat of L'Oreal Color Riche 'Sequin Explosion'. This is not your usual multi-coloured glitter as it's mostly silver hex glitter with shots of pink, emerald green, yellow gold, blue and indigo hex glitter. It's SO shiny!


On the remainder of my nails, I started on my 'exploding confetti'!! I used a few dotting tools (mostly very small) and nail polishes in the same colours as in the glitter. I started with Essie 'Splash Of Grenadine' (pinky lilac), 17 'Fury' (yellow gold) and OPI 'Dining Al Frisco' (shimmery blue) to add in random dots on each nail.


I then moved onto the blues and greens, using small dotting tools. The nail polishes I used were; Barry M 'Spring Green', China Glaze 'Watermelon Rind' (mixed with 'Spring Green'), Revlon 'Royal' and Essie 'Blanc' mixed with 'Royal'.
I found that overlapping various dots gave a more natural look, as if it was falling confetti. I also concentrated the larger and medium dots in clusters to add to this effect.


I finished the manicure off with Champneys 'Base & Top Coat', with a 3-4 coats on the accent nails as 'Sequin Explosion' is quite chunky.

When I started this manicure, I didn't have a clear image of the outcome in my head so I wasn't completely convinced it would actually work. Ha. So I'm pretty happy that it's close to what I wanted and kind of looks like thrown confetti?? Let's go with yes.

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber