Skip to main content

Royal Cascade

Heylo!!

In today's post, I'm using one of my precious Butter London babies in some geometric nail art! I got 'All Hail The Queen' for Christmas (I may have squealed when I opened it, ahem) and I am totally in love with the colour!! It's an absolutely beautiful taupe with a very subtle rose pink shimmer and some scattered holo to it :) I swear Butter London's secret ingredient is magic!

 
I painted all my nails with Butter London 'All Hail The Queen' to begin with. For my glitter accent nail, I painted a gradient with Barry M 'Sour Apple'. I've never been sure about bar glitter (don't ask me why!!) but I love it used in this way and it's so easy to do! Score.

 

I mixed La Femme 'Fairy Dust' and Revlon 'Zealous' to make a translucent shimmery yellow which I then used with a striping brush to paint delicate fine lines. I repeated this step with a mix of La Femme 'Fairy Dust' and Rimmel 'Peppermint', making a lovely translucent shimmery duck-egg blue. I also added very fine lines of 17 'Sherbet Lemon' here and there.


Using my striping brush, I painted random squares using Rimmel 'Peppermint' and Barry M 'Guava'. For some more clean cut squares, I fished out the yellow, lime and bright blue square glitters from Glimmer By Erica 'Squared Away'. This bit was pretty fiddly but so much easier than painting such teeny tiny squares!


To finish it all off, I used two coats of Essie 'No Chips Ahead' as some of the square glitters were sticking up! And ta-daaa it's all done!!


This manicure turned out so much better than I imagined so I'm pleased as punch with that! This shade of taupe looks amazing with duck-egg and blue, while the bright yellow provides a great pop of colour :)

Thanks for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind