Skip to main content

Owl By Night, Rose By Day

Evening All!!

Today's post is another glitter gradient (I may be ever so slightly obsessed..) but this time it's a girly and uber sparkly manicure. As in: 'can I possibly fit any more glitter layers into this gradient?!' I think with more drying time, I may well be able to do that challenge justice :) Stay tuned.

 
My idea of 'girly' usually involves rose pink and light pink-based browns, so the nail polishes that I've used in this manicure definitely reflect that side of me!!
 
First, I painted a couple of coats of Orly 'Nite Owl'- the silver flecks in this polish soften the overall taupe shade, making it appear so delicate.
 
 
To begin the glitter gradient, I like to start with fine/small glitter toppers and work up to the bigger stuff. So I used one of my franken glitters 'Unicorn Dreams' to paint a very sparse coat over each nail. Over this, I painted a graduated layer of a rose pink Xplode glitter nail polish using the dry-brush technique.
 

Now onto the larger glitter pieces! I dabbed on Barry M 'Lavender Glitter' at the tip of each nail. The square glitter in this polish adds a bit of interest amid the light and romantic colours. I then dabbed on Barry M 'Rose Quartz' over the top half of each nail, bringing some of the finer glitter in this polish towards the bottom of each nail. Finished off with Essie 'No Chips Ahead'!


Firstly, I have to apologise for the rubbish photos: I was quickly running out of natural light and my camera majorly freaked out at all the amazing glitteryness!! You'll just have to trust me when I say these are so very pretty and beautiful! 'Rose Quartz' goes so well with 'Nite Owl' especially, you need to try them together! Do it.

Thank you so much for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Cozy Autumn