Skip to main content

Different Strokes

A Happy New Year To You All!!

Today's nail art is a simple but totally gorgeous glitter gradient! I haven't done one of these in a looooong time so I felt the urge to fix that asap!! I went for a bit of a unusual colour scheme, especially for me as I don't usually wear this type of green;


The olive green nail polish is Zoya 'Gemma'. I originally bought this polish as it has a beautiful blue shimmer to it but alas, it's not as noticeable on the nail which makes me sad. It does give the manicure a lovely blue sheen but I'd prefer a more pronounced effect!


Once this way completely dry, I used the dry-brush technique and the lime green nail art pen from the NPW Nail Art 'Jewel' collection to paint a gradient from the base of each nail. I also used the shimmery dark blue from the same collection over the green, using the same technique. These are great for nail art as they can be used like a normal nail polish and as a micro-nib, cool huh?!


I then added a very thin layer of Essie 'Stroke Of Brilliance' using the dry-brush technique again (it's great for glitter gradients!). Once this was completely dry, I then dabbed on more glitter at the base of each nail to emphasise the gradient effect.


Finally I used Champneys 'Base & Top Coat' which I got in a Champneys nail polish kit for Christmas. It's a great topcoat, lovely and smooth!

 


After all the Christmas themed nail art, it feels so good to have something simple and classic on my nails!! These photo's don't do this manicure justice, The shimmer, glitter and colours look so so stunning together!!

Thanks for reading :)

Kayleigh



Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights