Skip to main content

Crimson Winter

Evening All!

I actually got the inspiration for today's manicure from a pair of my socks!! Ha ha! But not just any socks, these are snuggly winter socks in an awesome pattern;


I started by painting all my nails with Zoya 'Rory', before applying Essie 'Russian Roulette' to my ring finger only. I love how Rory shines through and adds shimmer to Russian Roulette, a beautiful effect!

 
To my ring nail, I also added a layer of Barry M 'Pink Sapphire'- I can't get enough of glitter accent nails at the moment!! I then painted all my nails with a coat of Champneys 'Base & Top Coat' for a nice smooth surface.
 

Once this was completely dry, I used striping tape and Essie 'Russian Roulette' in random stripes on all my nails except my accent nail. Then I went back in with a striping brush and Zoya 'Rory' and filled in some of the stripes. I felt it was missing some pink!


Using Essie 'Blanc' and my striping brush, I painted on some large snowflakes here and there so that they were kinda peeking out :) I finished it all off with a coat of Essie 'No Chips Ahead'.


I'm quite proud of these as I've never used striping tape with other nail art before and I'm pleased with how it came out!
Although in retrospect, I would have used the pink and red the other way round as I originally wanted the whole manicure to contain more pink! That's what happens when you don't pay attention!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .