Skip to main content

Ice Ice Baby

Hello Hello!

This manicure has got to be the sparkliest bit of nail art I've ever done!! Literally every single nail polish had shimmer and/or glitter involved, ha ha!! It's going to be rather a challenge to come up with something even more sparkly for New Year's Eve :)


I started off with a couple of lovely coats of OPI 'I Have A Herring Problem'. It's such a beautiful blue-grey colour and the golden shimmer is just so unexpected!


I outlined some abstract icicles and diamond shaped 'drips' on each nail with Essie 'Blanc' and my striper brush, before carefully  filling it in with the nail polish brush. Then I went over 'Blanc' with Barry M 'Lady' which is absolutely perfect for this frosty look! I ended up doing two coats as even with the white under layer, 'I Have A Herring Problem' still showed through in patches.


I added in some detail to the icicle tips and some diamonds with Zoya Pixie Dust 'Nyx' and a small flat brush. Then I outlined the icicles and diamonds in China Glaze 'Glistening Snow', using my striping brush. And then because there wasn't enough sparkle (HA!!) I also added a few dabs of Essie 'Stroke Of Brilliance' here and there. Finally I added a very thin layer of topcoat to protect them but not so much that it ruined the texture!


I love the effect of the raised icicles against the smooth base polish, it's so cool!! I would have liked them to be neater and crisper but that's pretty difficult with textured polishes!

Thanks for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

A Pastel Easter

The Ladybird Factor

Beachcomber