Skip to main content

Once In A Blue Moon

Good Evening Sweeties!!

When I first started seeing 'framed' nail art around the internet, I wasn't that blown away by them. They kinda look a tad bit too cartoonish for me (I admit that this could just be my imagination, ha!) and would in all likelihood emphasise my teeny tiny nails! But as with most things involving art, they started to grow on me to the extent that I felt I just had to give them a go!!

 
I also wanted to showcase a really beautiful glitter and try it out on different colours so I went for five different nail polishes! On my thumb, I used Barry M 'Blue Moon' which is such a subtly stunning colour. It has a blue sheen to it which can't actually be seen on the nail but gives a pearlescent glowy finish without being frosty!! The other colours were; 17 'Parma Violet' (pointer), China Glaze 'Dandy Lyin' Around' (middle), Barry M 'Navy' (ring) and China Glaze 'Pink-ie Promise' (pinkie). Then I painted one lovely coat of Barry M 'Rose Quartz' glitter topcoat over each nail. Using my striping brush and Barry M 'Navy', I outlined all my nails (except my ring finger as it's already navy). Finally I topcoated with OPI 'RapiDry'.
 
 In The Shade


To be honest, I don't like my nails like this, they just look really weird. I guess I can like it on other people's but not my own-hahaha!! However, I do really like the glitter over the different colours. It's so cool how the underlying colour gives the glitter topper a different look to it!! And HOW amazing does my ring nail look?!!! I can't stop staring at it's gorgeousness, the glitter just pops!!

Thanks for reading chuckleberries :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind