Skip to main content

Autumn Bouquet

Hello Everyone!!

Today, I have a simple floral manicure for you! This kind of nail art is so easy to do as you don't need any special tools- just the nail polish brush and something to make dots. When I have time, I like to add interest to it further with half and half colour and some decorative dots. It's still super easy though!


This manicure is all about the colours- it brings in a few autumnal hues while still being bright! I started by painting each nail with Barry M 'Key Lime' and then painted half of each nail with Missguided Splash 'Missmatch'. The orange (Missmatch) needed a few coats to get it looking bright and well orange. Then, using the nail polish brush with the excess wiped off, I painted some random 'petals' in a basic flower shape. The nail polishes I used for this were Essie 'Snap Happy' (red) and Zoya 'Zuza' (turquoise). Then, using a small dotting tool (dipping a pencil in polish would work too) and Revlon 'Royal', I added dots for the middle of the flowers and along the middle line. Finished off with OPI 'RapiDry' topcoat.


I don't own many orange nail polishes and the two I do own are cheap with a rubbish formulae. Even after four coats of 'Missmatch', the colour wasn't as bright as it should have been. Booo!! So I definitely need some better orange polishes! Can't pass up an excuse to buy more nail polish!!


Despite the orange let down, I'm still rather enjoying these pretty babies! I love the red and turquoise flowers, such a great combination :) . And what's not to love about a floral manicure?? Nothing!!

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh :)

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind