Skip to main content

Fresh As A Daisy

Hello Hello Hello!!

So, apparently painting daisies are not my forte. Alas. Generic floral designs? Hell yes!! Flowers with a million teeny petals?? Nope. Not a bean. Which is unfortunate as daisies are such an English summer thing don't you think?

As I'm feeling particularly adventurous, I thought I would show you the little blighters anyway. Just don't look too closely ok? Maybe squint a bit too and imagine perfect daisies? It would be much appreciated :)


Now that I'm looking at them again, they sort of remind me of weird splattered fried eggs- ha ha ha!! Maybe I should have pretended that was the look I was going for??


It was actually the magical sheen of the green polish which prevented this from becoming an absolute disaster. Zoya 'Midori' is so so stunning and really come into it's own in the sunlight! I love everything about it, the colour, the formula, the shimmer, EVERYTHING!!


After painting a couple of coats of Zoya 'Midori' on all my nails, I got my Accurate nail art stripers out. Starting with a green striper, I painted random swishes (it's now a word) diagonally across each nail. Then using a biggish dotting tool and Essie 'Blanc' I placed dots where I wanted the daisies to go over the green swishes.
This is where it started to go downhill, in retrospect probably due to the technique I used. I used a white striper and drew little dashes (petals) in a circle around each white dot. I think it would have been better to paint a star/snowflake shape over the top of each dot instead. That way they wouldn't have ended up sprawling all over the place!!
Using the polish from the yellow striper and a medium dotting tool, I added the middles of the flowers. And then, because I can't help it, I added a few swipes of La Femme 'Fairy Dust' for some added shimmer :)

Why can't things behave themselves and work out the way they are in your head???? So very pesky.

Thanks for reading!!

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind