Skip to main content

The Ladybird Factor

Happy Wednesday Everybody!!

We seem to have bypassed Spring (or maybe it's meant to last one week?) and headed straight for Summer. But I'm not complaining, everything is blossoming and blooming!!

One of my favourite insects (yes, I have favourite insects) is the ladybird, they're such useful little tough guys! So in honour of these beautiful bugs, I've created some nail art;


I started with Barry M 'Spring Green' on my thumb, pointer and middle fingers and Barry M 'Mint Green' on the ring and pinkie fingers- got to have some accent nails! 'Spring Green' is actually much brighter in real life, I have no idea why my camera decided it wasn't, random. Then, using a striper brush, I painted on the leaf veins in China Glaze 'Watermelon Rind' (on thumb, pointer and middle) and Barry M 'Spring Green' (ring and pinkie). I also went over the vein detail on my ring and pinkie fingers with Sinful Colors 'Call You Later'. I created the teeny weeny ladybirds with various sized dotting tools and a small brush. I used Kleancolor 'Neon Yellow', Barry M 'Bright Red' and Sparkly Nails Striper in 'Black Glitter'.


I'm pretty enamoured with these cute little ladybirds!! I think this could be a fun manicure to wear during the summer, maybe at a picnic?? Although next time, I'll make the ladybirds a bit bigger, the detail was tricky to squeeze on!

Thank you for reading people!

Kayleigh

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are absolutely adorable.

    you follow my old blog and i have recently changed my url and lost all my follows, could u follow me again (its the same layout and posts just a different url)
    http://hollysbeautyobsesion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .