Skip to main content

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .

Hello!!

I love indie nail polishes. I love the creativity that has come pouring out into the polish world, so exciting! And let's face it, when it involves glitter, I'm totally on board!!

So, as it was my sister's birthday coming up, I decided to give it a go. I already paint and make jewellery so it's not too wacky an idea!!

My sister is into Disney songs big time, so I chose two of her favourites; Pocahontas 'Colours of the Wind' and Anastasia (I know it's not Disney but meh) 'Once upon a December'.

I used these two images for inspiration;


                                                  Anastasia 'Once upon a December'

 
                                                  Pocahontas 'Colours of the Wind'

I used gold, holographic silver, pearlescent white and light blue mixed glitter for the 'Anastasia' nail polish. For the 'Pocahontas' nail polish, I used aqua, bright pink, deep blue mixed glitter with a tiny bit of rust coloured circle glitter. They came out really well, especially the Anastasia one!!


                                                  'Once upon a December' (Anastasia).

 
Thumb: 'Once upon a December', Pointer: 'Colours of the Wind' over Rimmel 'Peppermint', Middle: 2 coats of 'Colours of the Wind', Ring: another franken I made as an experiment, Pinky: 3 coats of 'Colours of the Wind'.


My camera couldn't seem to photograph these as they were in real life (probably too much glittery goodness for it to handle!!), they were much more sparkly and bright than in the photos. Ah well, maybe you could all picture the glitterbomb-ness (yes, that is now a word...) in your heads??

Anyway, I'm really proud of these and my sister loved them, score!

Would you like to see the other franken polishes I've made??

Thanks so much for reading :)

Kayleigh

Comments

Post a Comment

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Inspiration: Sheer Brights