Skip to main content

A Yellow Challenge. . .

Hello Hello!!

I have a rather confused relationship with yellow nail polish. As most of you have probably found out by now, the formula of yellow nail polishes can at best, be tricky and at worst, be impossible to work with!! So, in order to avoid the frustrated cursing and growling (yup, growling, probably too much exposure to grumpy cats. . . .), I tend to go for another colour! But then when I do wear yellow, I smile everytime I look at my nails- it's so happy and summery!!!

So, a while a go, I decided to challenge myself to do an all yellow manicure. It was pretty tricksy but not as bad as I thought it would be (only a few growls).


For the base, I used Kleancolor in 'Neon Yellow'. I found the best way to avoid the dreaded streaks was to layer the yellow over an opaque white polish (can't remember the exact one tho!). I then used a small brush to paint wavy lines with Kolor in 'Fairy'. At the time, those were the only yellows I had, so I had to use some gold- it's kind of yellow right?! I used a dotting tool to add flowers along the wavy lines in 17 'Fury'. Finally, I added som gold glequins to the centres!


                                               Look how bright those glequins are!!

I'm pretty pleased with the outcome and I've used much more yellow in my manicures since- result!!

Enjoy the rest of the week,

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Mooning Around In Lace

Encounters Of The Triangular Kind