Skip to main content

The Beauty That Is Striping Tape

Helloooooooo!!

It's nearly Easter, which means . . . chocolate eggs!! I've got an Easter-ish manicure for you coming up at the weekend :)

For now, let me introduce you to my love affair with striping tape. I LOVE the stuff. Can't get enough of it!! There are soooo many different ways to use it and once you get the hang of it, it's super quick to do. Eggcellent (ha! I'm sorry, couldn't resist).

I started off with simple stuff but then my brain totally went crazy with a tonne of ideas and things got serious. It's amazing how much intricacy you can achieve with this stuff. I think it might have magical properties.


For the base I used Essie 'Blanc', after which I added a coat of Essie 'Out The Door' topcoat. This stops the tape from pulling up the base colour and provides a flat, clean surface for the tape to stick to. Using a quick drying topcoat also speeds the process up, woop!! After placing the tape in the pattern I wanted, I then painted a thick layer of Essie 'Russian Roulette' and finally topcoat.

Simples!


I even managed my other hand :). I experimented with tape thickness on this one and now I'm not sure which hand I prefer! I had to use normal tape as striping tape isn't thick enough (we've had words) and it was a bit trickier. For some reason, it wasn't sticking as well, hence the not-so-straight stripes on my ring finger. Please don't look at it for too long, it pains me. Stupid tape!!


Anywho, thanks for reading guys!!

Kayleigh

Comments

Favourites

Mooning Around In Lace

Dipping A Toe Into The World Of Franken Polishes. . .